Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catch-up No.5

Fifth Installment 26 Oct 2009:

I had some major anxiety last night. This morning, I called Dr. J's office, the woman who does OMT. I was going to just ask her for more xanax (I've had two, one each the past two nights and it has helped) until I see the therapist on Nov. 2. They said she had an opening this morning, so I went in to see her. She thinks the serotonin levels in my brain were depleted and haven't caught up to how much better I am doing physically. She would have preferred putting me on a anti-depressant, but I don't feel that depressed and also don't like the idea of taking something new. At least with xanax I know what to expect and can get some sleep. I only have 20 tabs and my docs know I don't have a problem with getting off of it. I am also going to look into natural remedies for the serotonin. She also recommended another doc in their practice whom she thinks I would like a lot better that my PCP. The guy she recommended is more wholistic, spiritual,. and calm...so, though I feel some anxiety about just making the call, I am going to call and see if I can get into see him in the next month. If I can't or don't like him for some reason, she has also given me the name of a woman who is coming to a new practice in Dec. or Jan. Either way, I will be getting a new doc!

I know I don't need permission from anyone about what to do with my body, but she suggested that I could take a half of a xanax during the day if I felt an attack coming on; I've been using them at night only. I think just her "giving me permission" to do so had a big effect as I have not had any anxiety of any significance today. Of course, I know that has a lot to do with you all, too. So that's me...an update and being cautiously optimistic.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment