Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catch-up No. 10

Tenth Installment 7 Nov. 2009:

I had a very busy day which was fun, but I am ready to fall in bed. Had M from breakfast-time at 730a as his mom had to go to an early mtg. So I dropped him off at school at 830a, came home and did a few things, then it was time to pick him up for lunch. We went to the park for a fast-food picnic, then he played on the slides, etc. with another little kindergarten boy who was there. Then we headed to town to look at shoes. I went out on a limb and decided to try Birkenstocks, again, for the first time in about five years. They feel very strange to me, but I love their look and they are just ME, so I hope that I can wear them. I put tape on the bottoms so they won't scuff. I will only try them out at home for a few days as they will refund my money if they don't work out. I am hoping the work Dr. J has done with my feet is enough for me to tolerate them again.

Then we stopped at the other shoe store to get my deposit back for some shoes which have been on backorder for who knows how long, so I wasn't going to wait. Then, we hit the road with M complaining that I was wearing him out! Then we went to a small newspaper's office to pick up rolls of unused paper for art projects. They just give them away for free. They are really great for a kid to have a blast with. We got one for his house and one for ours. About then, I realised my tank of O2 was empty, so we hightailed it to the O2 place which wasn't far away and got another bottle. By then, I was getting tired, too, so we headed home. Morgan managed to stay awake. We dropped off one roll of paper at his house, came home, went potty, he got out the UNO cards as that's what he'd been asking to do all day, and I got us half bagels and OJ. He'd just dealt the cards when his mom called him. He thought she said she'd be here soon, then we heard a beep-beep...she was in the driveway. By this time it's 330p, but we're having so much fun, he begs to stay she says yes, I beat his socks off a couple of hands of UNO, then he went home. It's okay, he beat my socks off this morning before school about six games worth.

All in all it was a pretty good day baring a couple of twinges of anxiousness and some aches and pains and feeling tired, but you know what? It is a good tired because it is from being so active instead being tired from illness etc. Wow, what a new and welcome feeling.

I have not worked on the novel today or yesterday except in my head. I have a bunch of stuff I need to add in. On Sunday, there is a NaNoWriMo Write-In Event at the local library...four hours of nice quiet space filled with writers tapping away on their greatest hope. I've always eschewed getting into groups like that because I write well on my own, but I think it will be fun to just meet others and, if someone is fairly new, who knows, maybe I can show them the ropes.:-)

Tomorrow we may take M to see a classical guitarist and a Native American dancer and singer at the library's culture fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment