Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catch-up No. 7

Seventh Installment 2 Nov. 2009:

Phew! I made it, (to the first therapy session) a lot thanks to you all giving me courage!

What a wonderful man, Doc L, I met with this morning. We have a lot in common and I really like him. I will see him next week when we will talk more, of course.

I have some "homework." I don't really want to talk about it publicly, but it is all stuff I feel good about and can do...it may take a bit of thinking but I can do it.

I did get really antsy this afternoon and had to get out of the house. M and I were just getting ready to go to the store when his dad came to get him after work. I went to the store alone and was okay, but then had that awful feeling about 5p. Went out to the car and sat waiting for Rog to get home and go to the grocery store with me. He is a good and patient man. I am better now.

I found it is not such a bad thing to *listen* to the anxiety and see what it wants, i.e. get out of the house, etc. AND one strategy the doc gave me was to plan things to do out of the house in the later afternoon when I know I may feel badly. One thing I may do is, after M goes home, take my new mini-laptop to the library/bookstore/coffeeshop and work on my NaNoWriMo novel. This is day two, technically and I only have about 4000 words!

Thanks, again, my dear, dear friends. I am overwhelmed at your kindness and would only remind you I give out what I receive, so right back atcha all the kind and wonderful things you have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment