Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catch-up No. 9

Ninth Installment 5 Nov. 2009:

We were both so tired last night, we went to bed at 845p! And, Rog slept in a tiny bit this morning until 730p. He has been so tired out from the move and subsequent problems with equipment and morons...it will be good when it settles down.

I did pretty well yesterday. We had to drop off the car for an estimate, so I was home all day without transportation. I had plenty to do, worked on my nanowrimo novel, did some laundry and such. Rog came home for lunch which was nice. Then I took a nap after working on the computer a bit more.

Work up not feeling that upbeat, but no real anxiety. BUT, just about then the car repair place called; it wasn't an engine compression problem, thank goodness, but it did need a tune-up with plugs, new plug wires, etc. to the tune of $350.00! It's been a long time since we've had to pay for such and I was a bit surprised and dismayed. I shouldn't have been, that car always knows just how much little extra we might have and waits to spend it for us at just the moment when we've both sighed with relief at having a little extra. I guess we should be happy it is so accommodating and waits until we actually have it!

By this time it was about 330p. Rog had promised to be on standby if I felt really anxious and needed to get out of the house. I called him, not in too much of a panic, just wanting to get out of the house and comfirm what they said about the car. He started for home at just about 5p; we were going to go to the store together. A few minutes later he called to say he had to go back to work to make sure the kids knew how to run the remote truck for a live shot (no pun intended) at a possible bank robbery. He didn't have to go to the site, just back to the station. So, I was still stuck in the house, still no outright panic. I did go outside and sit on the steps' landing for a few minutes, but that got cold. Came in and watched Tom Brokaw who was in town touting the health care system here. (I had a few choice words for him and was reminded of why I don't watch tv news.) By that time I was over any tinges of anxiety, Rog called and went to the store without me, which was okay, and then he was home. So I made it without freaking out over no wheels and Rog being here later than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment